Tuesday, October 28, 2008

All aboard C.A. Thayer

C.A. Thayer built 1895

Favorite memory: when we spent a few days and a night on the CA Thayer in San Francisco. We trained all year as different parts of the crew, then when we got on the ship we acted like real crewmen on the Bering Sea in 1890. It was so cool. I was a longshoreman with Janell, Jamie, Matt...I thought we had the greatest toughest job on the ship. It was the experience of a lifetime and I was so glad to be a part of it.

Also remember the end result of everyone getting the chicken pox because someone in the Galley crew had it. I think there were only a handful of people who didn't get it because they'd had it before. I didn't get it but I did in the 8th grade, but that's a whole other story.
(link to C.A. Thayer history)

Another memory is when our class pet died and Danny had to keep it in the freezer until school started.

Gwen Raamat Class of 1986

No comments: